You often hear about bed bugs, one of the most irritating creatures of the world. Bed bugs are basically the wingless insects. They normally feed on human blood like zombies. They usually bite at night. Their bites can lead various type of skin diseases such as- allergy, rashes etc. Itchiness is the primary symptom of the diseases. In fact, sometimes one may feel tired or have fever. Bed bugs mainly hide under your bed, sofa, and mattresses. They have the strong ability to spread in a faster way from one infested area to another. Though it is quite enough to identify their place of origin. Once you see a bed bug that means there are many more bed bugs already have spread in your house. These annoying insects can bite you and give you a sleepless night.
Bed bugs can dismount your life into a curse. But do you know? You can easily solve this problem by sitting in your house. Here are some effective home remedies for getting rid of bed bug problems as follows:
20 Effective Home Remedies for Bed Bugs:
- Vacuuming: Vacuum cleaner is a quite common instrument for every domestic life. It also helps to remove bed bugs from the top of the mattresses, carpets, linens, and even from the springs of the boxes. Though this method won’t able to take out the tiny eggs in floor cracks and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Steam Cleaning: Steam cleaning is a kind of DIY bed bug controller that targets the stubborn pests which live deep in furniture as well as in the wall holes. However, the success of this method depends on the steamer type and also using a combination of proper heat and high pressure of the equipment.
- Laundering: Putting clothes in the dryer on the hottest setting for 20 minutes will help you to get rid of the bed bugs problems. Nowadays, most of the washing machines have the drying option along with washing. However, while adapting this method you need to keep in mind that some fabrics are unable to take extreme heat and may even be damaged. Although this method is not practical for a huge amount of clothes.
- Isolate your bed: Folding the bed linens and placing the bed legs in cups or cans filled with soapy water will discourage them to climb up from the floor. As bedbugs cannot jump or fly, so moving your bed away from the wall will make it harder to get into the bed.
- Seal the holes and cracks: By sealing holes of walls and floors will help you to get rid of bedbugs. At the same time, filling the cracks around baseboards and moldings with caulk can be a remedy to get off from the bedbugs.
- Use a Bed Bug Detector:
- The best method to avoid a full-blown bed bug infestation is to catch these critters in their early period in your home. there are many bed bug recognition kits that you can buying, that will alert you to any pest creep around in your home.
- Vinegar:Vinegar is something that most of us in our homes and it can be also an ideal emergency home remedy against bed bugs. It has a strong smell which helps to send away bed bugs easily. Vinegar helps to kill bed bugs by damaging their nervous system. Fill the sides of the infected areas with vinegar. As a result, when they try to run away they will not able to escape the vinegar.
- Using Baking Soda: Almost every houses people use baking soda for cleaning purpose. It works just like the diatomaceous earth powder. The process of using baking soda-
- Diffuse it around the holes and cracks
- Leave it for at least 24h
- Clean of the soda
It helps to soak all the water from the bed bug bodies as well as dry them out.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is an essential oil that can be used for many purposes. It is famous for its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It also helps to eliminate bed bug problems along with bacteria, viruses and fungi. It is more like a “miracle oil.” The process of using tea tree oil-
- Mix it with some warm water
- Make a spray
- Spray it on your mattress, walls, drapery, carpets, furniture, etc.
You can use it to clean your house. At the same time, you can also add the tea tree oil while washing clothes, or you can even sprinkle a few drops directly on your bags and suitcases. Using it will help you to get rid of this bed bug along with the other microbes.
- Using Mint Leaves: To avoid bed bugs, mint leaves are very much helpful. Just sprinkle some crashed dried mint leaves around the base of your bed. You can also use tea bags alternatively in-between your mattress and linen and under your pillow.
- Cold Treatment: Sometimes steam cleaning also powerless to remove bed bugs. In that time, you can try the cold treatment. Bed bugs cannot bear cold temperature. Employing the items infested with these annoying creatures into the freezer and leave them at zero temperature or lower for four days or placing the infected mattresses out in the cold in the winter season, will also help to improve bed bugs removal.
- Applying Turmeric powder: This is one of the best solutions in getting rid of bed bugs in your home. Turmeric powder includes a substance which called curcumin. this is a strong antimicrobial material. this is not advantageous for a bed bugs. For this you need a container of turmeric powder to get rid of the bugs. Spread the powder on the entire mattress and corners of your home very carefully. Apply this regularly to get rid of the bed bugs faster.
- Lavender: Who do not love the odor of the lavender? The lavender odor is not only pleasant but also comforting. However, for the bed bugs, this scent is really very much irritating and its causes them into death. So this can be also a very helpful treatment to destroy the bed bugs. Additionally, you can use lavender oil, soap or powder around your home. It’s make your home very decorative as well as operative against the bed bugs.
- Essential Oils: Some essential oils can help you win the war with bed bugs. These oils are:
- Lavender essential oil
- Tea tree oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Cedar essential oil
- Oregano essential oil
- Double Sided Tape:
The double-sided tape can be a solution against bed bugs. Though this method cannot solve the already existing disturbance of bed bugs, can help you show the bed bugs and prevent it.
By attaching the double-sided tape around your bed or sofa will stop the bed bugs to climb on your bed. If any bed bugs come that way they will be glued to the tape and unable to bother you.
Lemongrass has a strong odor. this ensure to repel the bed bugs. Also this able to kill both adult bugs and their eggs by increasing the acidic condition inside of them. At first you distribute it around your living place. Then just wait for some time to have the result.
- Oregano, and Ginger Mix:
The mixer of oregano and ginger can be effective for bed bugs remove procedure. Here’s the recipe-
- Mix one tablespoon each of grated ginger and oregano in a glass of water.
- Then boil the mixture, strain it and pour it.
- Put them into a spraying bottle.
- Spray this solution throughout your home and area around your bed.
- The smell will repel the bugs and prevent them from further spreading.
- Spray Silica Gel:
Getting rid of bed bugs does not always mean using harsh chemical. Silica gel, is that kind of available product. That stuff you find in tiny packets with new shoes and certain food items, is an effective solution for bed bug removal.
- Use Hard-Sided Luggage:
Keep bed bugs from attaching a ride with you after your travels by using hard-sided luggage with overlapping zippers. While zippers on cloth luggage tend to gap slightly, hard-sided luggage makes it more difficult for bed bugs to gain entry and come home with you.
- Use Isopropyl Alcohol:
Isopropyl alcohol are effectve for bedbugs removal. this materials are commonly known as rubbing alcohol. It has low longer-term toxicity risk to humans and other animal. Isopropyl alcohol is also flammable and should only be used for spot treatments. If you applying this on to the bedbugs body, it can easily kill bedbugs.
- Neem oil:
Neem is a natural tree oil that is practically non-toxic to humans, pets, wildlife and plants. It can also use to remove bedbugs.
Although the consequence of bed bug’s bite is not so dangerous, but the presence of bed bugs can drop you into discomfort and horrible situation. The above solutions can help you to get rid of this bed bugs I think. If the infestation goes beyond your control, in that case, you have to take a professional help from your nearby locally available pest management company. So don’t affair about bed bugs, face them, applying those methods you an easily kill them.